Sunday, January 31, 2016

Fun for 2016!

Happy New Year!!

Yes.  
I've decided that my 'new year' 
will officially begin on February 1st!
I will not apologize that I needed all of January to process all of the holidays.
And, I'm happy to say, my hubby officially put the Christmas bins up in the attic today....
there, the house is back in order...albeit no less hectic.
I am excited about this year for many reasons...

 Many of you know from my blog that the last 5 years have been transitional for our family. 
We have been forced to move for job changes and it has been challenging.  
Between rentals and buying and selling, we have lived in 5 different homes.  
Yes, you read that right...5 moves over 5 years. 
Now, we didn't move every year...
there were 3 moves in 2.5 years 
and then almost 2.5 years before we moved the 5th time.
It all seems like a dream...{nightmare?}...
 Each step of the way we were blessed to find wonderful homes to purchase 
where we made some cosmetic changes and sold in a better market.  
This latest home was found in a very quick three day home hunting trip.  
We did not want to have to rent before we bought, 
so we hoped for the best in our extended weekend trip.  
The home we found had a fresh feeling and a fun pool to make our backyard an oasis. 
Knowing we would land in a home where all our "things" 
would have a home felt great as I spent the better part of 3 months packing and purging.

This year marks a figurative "new chapter"...and it just feels different.  
As I have done for the past two years, I am going to choose a word to make my new year....
I have been pondering this for a while...
because the last few years have been dramatic choices---
and we indeed had to choose joy among the painful challenges.  


and that we did--with more than 4 months to prepare for this past move, 
I was able to reduce our load by so much, 
and make choices that helped me to be less stressed.  

Since we moved, and lightened our load, 
I am amazed at how our perspective has been lightened as well....
and I realized my word for 2016 needed to be 
FUN.
This is my goal for 2016---to learn to have fun again!
Strange that I would have to make an effort to find "fun"
....but after five years of surviving transition...
fun became an afterthought.
Here's to a New Year...
and having fun!
How do you make each day fun?
sharing with
Dedicated House


21 comments:

  1. Hi Aimee, thank you so much for coming by and leaving your sweet message. I know what moving does to you, it's such a major family shift. I hope you're settle-ing in here. Your home is lovely and you were smart to take some time off after Christmas to get your life and home in order. I'm looking forward to new posts, I'm in love with that amazing Palladian window in your entry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Debra! I need to "tell the story" of that window...its a good one...it has been with us 15 years now...was a wonderful "free" find with such history....and it has made it through 7 moves with only one pane getting cracked!....so many stories...so little time....
      I too am trying not to feel amped over making my blog techno-perfect and up-to-date, I have only had 83 little "google friends" for two years now...and it used to bother me that I couldn't get people to follow me...plagued by my inner critic...but I am letting go of the pressure I put on myself...and letting my heart lead...
      thank you for being a mentor to me! (blogging and otherwise!) xoxo

      Delete
  2. 0h, your new home is lovely, aimee! what a gorgeous pool, too:) you really found an adorable haven to call home:) you can now relax and enjoy your life, home and that pool--you certainly deserve that! and letting go of the blog pressures will give you more freedom... for fun:) enjoy! (we are about to start the selling, moving, and buying cycle that you've just finished!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn! I'm so happy to hear from you! Stay in touch! I will be thinking about you through your transition! You can do this! As hard as it is, it all works out and a new chapter is born! Thank you for your sweet note! Keep me posted!xoxoaimee

      Delete
  3. I enjoy this kinds of own post. It Like this knowledgeable blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed the stuff you shared in the form of blogs. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We’ve been looking for this information for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting post. I Have Been wondering about this issue, so thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete


  7. Wonderful article. I love your style of writing. It’s inspiring , and I am happy with your writing style

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice post! I’m so happy to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pay a quick visit this website, it includes valuable Information here. Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's hard not to read this post, interesting! Sharing is caring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely fantastic posting! Lots of useful information and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This site is good and I found very interesting stuff here. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I believe this is among the so much significant information for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it in my lunch time.

    ReplyDelete


  16. Amazing blog! I really like the way you explained such information

    ReplyDelete

  17. I did a Google search about the topic and found most people will believe your blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like learning new stuff. So, thankyou for this information of yours.
    Magnificent, fantastic blog layout! Your website is such an excellent work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making my day and leaving a comment! :o)