Monday, November 11, 2013

Nostalgic Snow Globes!



Christmas and Winter Snowglobes.
They just go together.
 
This DIY version of a nostalgic snowglobe
is just about as simple as it gets--involves upcycling,
easy for children to help with,
and can be done in less than 15 minutes!
The results are awesome.  
Just looking at it makes me feel happy and winter-y.

So...save your old jars--glass or plastic..
and consider making a few of these to display or give away.
Can't wait to see your version!
I used an old olive jar and Tostitos Nacho cheese jars--these are the perfect size! 
{So now you have a great excuse for eating a jar of cheese sauce! haha} 
 bottle brush tree and snow flakes.
{Walmart has these trees for 79 cents}
 Hot glue tree to the inside of the lid.
{spray paint the lid white first}
 add a pinch or two of the snow. 
{a little goes a long way}

Simply Adorable!
Fill with water and screw lid on tightly.
Shake and enjoy!

 Group a bunch together for more impact.
 What teacher wouldn't love one on their desk?
finish and embellish with a small tag
{I used very old music sheets stamped with a red fleur and tied with red hemp}
Display as a centerpiece on an old silver tray!
Perfect vintage!
sharing with:
Inspired Sunday at Sunday View 
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
The Scoop Party at Cedar Hill Ranch  




16 comments:

  1. Hi Aimee, hopped over from Cozy Little House. Happy to be a new follower. These snow globes would be such a fun projects for my grands. I have made the little snow scenes in the salt shakers, but these are ones that kids would love. I have a link party, Share Your Cup Thursday. It's all about sharing the things that make you happy. I'd love if you shared this week.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jann for your nice comment and for following! Your grand kids will love this! I will certainly be at your link-up! aimee

      Delete
  2. Love the vignette of the snow globes arranged on a silver tray. I am a bottle brush tree fanatic so I love these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so adorable! We need to make a couple of these this winter - my kids would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing. I am going to try this....Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! I always love snow globes at Christmas. Thanks for teaching us how to make this at TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet! I'm a snow globe person myself! I must make one! Who knew it would be so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I love snow globes. I featured this post on the TTG FB page today. I hope you will stop by and like the page! https://www.facebook.com/thethriftygroove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diann! I will head over to FB now. Happy weekend to you!

      Delete
  8. These are so cute and simple. I'll have to try making these with my kiddies at school.
    Thanks,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those great tags really amped these cuties up. Love how you displayed them. Visiting from Sunday View. Always nice to see what you are up to!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making my day and leaving a comment! :o)