Monday, June 23, 2014

White living room transformation

This is a post about overcoming fear....
Fear of going for all white furniture....
With a family of 3 cats, 2 kids and 1 sports watching husband...
a couch has to do a lot of work...
But, last month, after much deliberation...I just pulled the plug...
and haven't looked back since.

 I love the transformation the white slipcovers have made.
Because we knew we were on a budget and 
that this would not be "forever" furniture...
we went with Ikea's collection for a sectional and two chairs.
The main reason was that the extra slipcovers are so inexpensive 
that worrying about something happening to the pieces 
does not have to play into our decision process anymore.
 I added an old ladder I found at the Flea Affaire for a rustic look.
The "beach" sign I made from a re-purposed drawer front.
I also created vintage shutter "art" for my wall. 
This vintage wooden crate was another $10 find from the antique show.
The coffee table was one that has been with us for 10 years now
 and has moved to different rooms. 
 The calm white makes me smile every time I am in the room.
Here's the before...the room actually looks and feels larger 
with more furniture in it now. 
 The window treatments will eventually become white curtains soon.

Have a fear-less week!

sharing with:
Inspired Sunday at Sunday View 
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House

9 comments:

  1. I love it!! I have gone to a white slip cover for a love seat in our family/fireplace area. I love it,,,but nothing has been spilt on it yet!! Your room looks wonderful...so fresh and airy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! My sofas are slipcovered, and it has been convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will love the slip covered furniture. I've had mine for 14 years. It made it through my children's teen years and now I have small grandchildren. I sofa came from Arhuas and I've never been sorry I bought it. Your space looks great!
    tot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. I love the white, it is stunning. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beautiful new white furniture. Made us want to run out and get one. We have actually been
    looking at Ikea furniture recently, and trying to decide if we want to take the plunge. It was great
    hearing from others who have had slip covers as well. Hope it serves you and your family well.....

    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great transformation! Lovely vintage flavor and pices yo added. IKEA slip covers are awesome. About once a month they are washed and hanging from doors to dry. PS Don't use the dryer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fresh new look! Thanks for sharing with us, you are featured this week at Ivy and Elephants.
    Please feel free to stop by and grab a featured button.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making my day and leaving a comment! :o)