Thursday, September 12, 2013

Master bath update-glass knob towel hooks

Sneek peek--

okay.  full disclosure. progress is slow on the master bathroom makeover.
 Fact is, somedays we're motivated. Some days we're not. 
Here's a sneek peek...of where we are and what we have done so far.


{cue the alleluia chorus...}
We hung towel hooks! tah-dah..
But they are cute....

I got these years ago at Hobby Lobby.  
I just love glass door knobs!
 I painted them the same white we are painting 
the other fixtures to continue our calm, neutral color palette.
Our old towel rod was just a basic brushed nickle finish.  
(sidenote: Once my handy hubby decided it was a "go"...he took things down before I took an "official" before photo...as you know...you don't stop a man when he is motivated.)
Here is what we were up against in this space before:
Thanks to my motivated and handy hubby, 
I have a lovely wall...no wallpaper...and gorgeously painted. 
 This color..is awesome...it was recommended to me by a dear friend who has done interiors for years.

I recommend this color if you are ever stuck on choosing a color for a neutral background.
This will absolutely work in any room of the house.  
 It is "Exclusive Ivory" by Dunn Edwards.  And it will make you happy.  
This color changes with the light.  
Not too yellow-y or brown-y...
Just a nice grey-taupe-y color that warms a space.  
This towel wall becomes a nice entry into our soon-to-be-calming-spa-space.
---
You see in the background 
of the photo my next "reveal"...the vanity area.  

It once looked like this:

Some fun changes to come! I can't wait to share.
In the meantime, I am so happy with my shabby towel hooks!
 (I just hate to cover up the glass knobs.)
:o)



sharing over at 






12 comments:

  1. I like your shabby towel hooks! It looks great on your newly painted wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the glass knobs! The wall color is so calming too...it's really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh. Love these. I can understand not wanting to cover them up! Thanks for sharing! Stop by my Friday's Five Features and link up this post (and others)! diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2013/09/fridays-five-features-no-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it!!! So Alice in Wonderland! I want to make one for my daughter. I've been looking for vintage door knobs, and I never thought to look for something like this at Hobby Lobby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Aimee, I want to nominate you for the Liebster Award. You are probably asking what a Liebster Award is? It is a blogger to blogger award. Its a way of encouraging smaller blogs. When you receive it you have to nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 Followers
    Come on over to http://churchstreetdesigns.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html ,
    there are some questions to answer and then you can put the badge on a post and nominate people too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the wall color...so pretty! And I'm loving those glass knob towel hooks, looks perfect in your bathroom:) Thanks for sharing with us! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these towel hooks, how fun and shabby! Pinning, and thanks so much for sharing them at my link party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your glass door knobs! Unfortunately there isn't a Hobby Lobby store near us but I have been on the lookout for these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your towel holders, but I too would hate covering those knobs. As I was typing this, I had a thought. What if you flipped them and had the knob at the top and mounted a hook for the towels in the center or at the bottom? Don't know how it would look... hmmm... I know what you mean about a motivated man. My handy hubby is also a composer, and his projects have kept him away from my "honey-do" list! Thanks for linking up with Inspired Sunday--your bathroom is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful solution and so much better than a hook. I love them....and the pretty color on your walls! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those door knobs are to die for! What a creative up-cycle idea and beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Visiting via 'fridayflashblog' over at Jenny Evolution

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the door knobs and the white decorative boards that they are attached to. Did the knobs come mounted to the boards? If not, where did you get the boards?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making my day and leaving a comment! :o)