Thursday, January 2, 2014

For the Love of {statement} Chairs-Home Decor Resource


Statement chairs.  
Will they ever go out of style?
How could they when a single chair 
can inspire an entire room decor?

A statement chair grounds a room.

It is bold enough to stand out 
in confident unique beauty 
and elicit a "wow" from observers.
My statement chair moment happened at a local consignment store.  
I saw them...and my heart skipped a beat.
They said, "you know you love us,"....
But I thought...what do I need black chairs with cheetah prints for?

A month later,  they were still there-
-and it didn't take me but a minute to bring them home.
Even with their slight "age" 
they had an unmistakable glamorous, fashionable, 
and unapologetic "aire" about them which I adore.
I was instantly drawn 
to these curvy, "high-heeled", leggy beauties. . .
and their chippy black paint. . .
and the texture of their nail heads, and caned back seats.
And do we have to mention their flashy velvet cheetah attire?
But I knew nothing more about them other than I loved their "look".

--Enter: One Kings Lane--
 
Recently I was contacted by a representative 
from this wonderful on-line home decor retailer, 
to help them introduce their Home Décor Resource

The Home Décor Resource is a part of their website created 
to inspire and educate home decor enthusiasts 
when purchasing and reupholstering their perfect statement chair.
I was excited to use the Home Decor Resource from One Kings Lane 
to do a little research about decorative statement chairs. 
There is a whole section about 
period overviews of chairs 
and style overviews.  
 The site is full of interesting information and is a huge work in progress.  
Using this and other "research" via various photos, 
I identified my chairs as "vintage" {from the last 40 years} 
in the French Provincial style.  
{This style being defined mostly by carved curvy legs}

Their Barrel Back is also a feature of the French Provencial style.
So, my unprofessional, conclusion would be to say they are an
"Antique French Provincial style of a  Barrel Back Caned Chair".

Whatever their style I love them...
{and I am not the only one}


Their style makes them a statement...
and their cheetah pillows make them a standout!
A perfect foil to my pursuit of white and cremes 
in my dining and living rooms 
where these chairs take turns hanging out.  
 
At first I had planned to recover them in white...
but their vintage cheetah pattern grew on me and I left them "as is".  

What statement chairs do you have in your home?
{Disclosure:  I was contacted by One Kings Lane
 to write an article about their Home Decor Resource. 
While I was not compensated, I enjoyed the research which, 
along with all opinions and conclusions are my own.}
sharing with:
Inspired Sunday at Sunday View 
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
The Scoop Party at Cedar Hill Ranch  

7 comments:

  1. Fun chairs and great to learn some history of the style. Thanks for sharing at TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool chairs, Aimee. What a find they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i NEED a statement chair
    in my living room!

    and yours roars
    with charm and style

    thanks for sharing
    at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have two Queen Anne (white) statement chairs and boy do they light up the room. I love your animal print chairs and particularly like the photo of the cat who clearly has good taste.

    One of my dogs is a Maltese/Bichon and he adores sitting on one of my chairs. The combination is quite gorgeous as he is white and the chair is white with navy blue upholstery. Seems our animal friends are fans of statement chairs also.

    Fabulous website.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm obsessed with beautiful chairs, and I think if they make a statement that's style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making my day and leaving a comment! :o)