Thursday, September 19, 2013

Wow! A Liebster Award!

What is a Liebster you're wondering?
The Liebster award is a blogger to blogger award given to new bloggers, or bloggers with less than 200 readers. The word means "dearest" in German.
This award has no judges or special prizes, just encouragement--someone saying, "We see You," and, "Keep up the good work." 
If you receive the award, you answer 11 questions assigned to you.  Then you create 11 questions of your own and follow and nominate 11 new bloggers with less than 200 readers. Then link back to the blog who nominated you when you post your nominations.

I had so much fun picking out 
11 new blogs to nominate!!!!
I am honored to be nominated by two different new bloggers  --
  Lauren Davison at Real Housewife of NOVA;
Knowing  my blog has followers just made my day! And now it is my turn to pass on the encouragement to 11 new bloggers. I started following some amazing ones that I have linked to below.  And I am nominating them for the Liebster award!  Take a look at their blogs and give them some love by adding to their followers!! We all love comments and new followers! :o)
Thanks so much to Lauren and Nancy for nominating me, and congrats to my nominations! Keep up the great work and have fun finding your own new bloggers to support!



Here are the 11 Questions I answered:

1)What is the best advice that you would give to a blogger?
Blog about what you love and don't be afraid to 
reach out and ask other more experienced bloggers questions.

2)Why do you blog?
I love how blogging allows me to lump several creative outlets 
{projects, crafts, photography, writing, styling}, into one medium and then show it off: it's like a grown-up's show and tell.  And...the bloggers out there are so encouraging and supportive. It is a positive environment.

3)What is your best decorating tip?
I have 3:  
Stick to a color scheme as your backdrop
--for me it is whites and cremes--and then don't deviate. (this helps me shop better).  
Display collections as groups for a more dramatic effect. 
Dare to break old standard "rules"...

4) What is your favorite DIY/ craft that you've ever done/ made?
I have several favorites--but I love things that I can give as gifts to make others happy
...recently that would be my burlap pumpkins.

5)Do you have a nickname?
none that I know of... :o)

6) What is your guilty pleasure?
Foodwise: it has to be anything with dark chocolate and nuts.
Shopping wise--I love Anthropolgie's Volcano candles.

7)If you could do anything career wise, what would it be?
Be a stylist for a home decor magazine!

8)What is your "blue ribbon" recipe?
Chocolate Chip Pie 

9)What is one thing you do to save money?
Don't eat out; and grocery shop once a week.

10)Where do you craft/ DIY/write in your home?
I have an office area that is my craft area too.

11)What perfume do you wear? 
(I'm in the market for a new one and need some suggestions hahaha)
I love "happy" by Chanel. {the name and the smell}
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are the Blogs I nominated!  Visit and follow!


Here are the questions for my nominees!
1. When did you start your blog?
2. What got you to take the leap into blogging?
3. How often do you post?
4.What is your biggest unanswered question about setting up your blog?
5. Do you have a favorite project?
6. What is your favorite dinner food?
7. What is your one guilty pleasure?
8. What is one unusual fact about you?
9. Where do you find quiet time?
10. Favorite family activity?
11. How many states have you lived in?

13 comments:

  1. Love you're answers! Now send me a pumpkin and some chocolate cup pie, my mouth is watering haha : )
    Xoxo Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! you're funny...I think the best I can do right now is send you a piece of twine and a chocolate chip! LOL! Thanks again for the nomination. hugs!

      Delete
  2. aaaww, Thanks for nomination. I will answer questions on my blog next week. By the way, "Happy" is my favourite perfume too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny! not many folks know about it! take your time with the award...it is fun to read through some new blogs. have a great weekend! :o)

      Delete
  3. Well I am beyond thrilled that you nominated my blog! I can use all the encouragement I can receive!! It is so very nice to be noticed. I will answer all the questions as soon as possible and blog my answer and do a lot of connecting!! I like finding great blogs!!
    Thanks!! Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty! You deserve to be nominated. You have a great blog and I just love your background in the home building business. Looking forward to reading more!-aimee

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the nomination, Aimee! I'll be thinking about my answers as will try to post them as soon as I can! Again, I appreciate the interest in my blog!

      Delete
    2. You bet Debby Ray! Have fun searching out some other newbies and your blog will just grow in the process. Thanks for your comments and for following!-aimee

      Delete
  5. Thank you Aimee! I appreciate your encouragement and kind words. I love it when people Pay It Forward! I will start working on my questions soon and I'm getting active in so many link parties, I will start looking for those other aspiring blogs out there! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Carmen! It is fun to connect to other bloggers out there who are new and just figuring all of this out too. The linky parties are such a fun way to put yourself out there and see what is going on in the world of blogging. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts!-aimee

      Delete
  6. Hi Aimee! Congrats on your award and thank you for nominating my blog! I appreciate your consideration! I hope you are having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You deserve it Stacy! Thank you for being such a nice follower and encouraging me as well. Have fun with the Leibster proces. It is fun to find those new blogs out there...and it also helps you realize that "you're not the only one" who is trying to figure it all out. :o) have a great weekend!-aimee

      Delete

Thank you for making my day and leaving a comment! :o)