Monday, June 3, 2013

Window Herb Garden-Road Trip

Roadtrip Inspiration! 



 A few weeks ago my hubby offered to take the family 
on an "adventure" drive exploring 
the country roads of the Sierra Foothills.  
We love to go exploring...
and since he offered to stop at all Antique crossings...
...I didn't have to be asked twice.


We are surrounded by wonderful, historic, old, 
mining towns in this part of California. 
We set a course for Amador County just 25 minutes South East.
There are 4 amazing antique stores right on the 
edge of this quaint small town.


The next town over is Sutter Creek which is just wonderful.  You are literally taken back in time to a beautiful old western downtown setting.  So Cute!



This is a delightful destination town with Bed and Breakfasts, wine tasting, cheese tasting, art galleries, 
a great ice-cream parlour and great shopping.  
One of my favorite shops was The Antique Gardener where I found all things gorgeously rusty and burlapy and garden-y!




I fell for these cute little garden markers and had to have them for my newly sprouted, window herbs!






It is so nice to have a fresh supply of 
Basil, Oregano and Thyme at my fingertips.


I love the old tin pots they are in, giving a rustic garden feel.


They sit in my kitchen window above my sink 
and make me smile as I do the dishes. :o)

What herbs are you growing this summer?

linking up at:
Savvy Southern Style: Wow Us Weds
Simple and Sweet Fridays:  Rooted In Thyme
Common Ground: Be Inspired
Charm of Home--Home Sweet Home
The Tablescaper: Seasonal Sundays





6 comments:

  1. Road trips are the best! Especially when you stop at cute little shops like this one! Lucky : ) I love these little garden markers. I am growing basil and chives on my deck. I wish I had these markers to make it look more "rustic". Very pretty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love a great road trip, especially when it includes antiquing! your markers are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the garden markers. Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog through the Dedicated House party. I'm your newest follower!! I'd love for you to visit me over at www.everylittlebirdie.blogspot.com

    Great Blog!! I look forward to reading your blog posts in the future.
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making my day and leaving a comment! :o)