Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Wrought Iron Find

The text message went something like this:
Mom to Me >"I'm at the store; I don't know what this is, 
but it looks like something you would like. 
Do you want it?"
Me to Mom > "It's wrought iron--are you kidding? Yes!"
Mom to Me > "But what will you do with it?"
Me to Mom > "I'm sure I will figure that out." :o)
{to see what I did...read on...}

From the small text photo I could only tell that it looked like a great old wrought iron piece.
But when I saw it in person...it was amazing!
Not only did  the wrought iron have a beautifully aged patina,
it was a hinged piece that 
opened up like a butterfly to be a stand.
I immediately knew what I would do with it and where it would go!
Topped with a 30 inch piece of glass it makes the perfect coffee table for the sitting room. 
It's like it always belonged here.
Thank you Mom for such a great find! 

Did I get it right?  Anything else you see this could be used for?
I was featured at:
The Dedicated House

Inspired Sunday at Sunday View 
Tablescaper
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Before and After Party at Thrifty Decor Chic
The Scoop Party at Cedar Hill Ranch  









8 comments:

  1. hi honey! i was thinking of you, wanted to just check in...i love what you did with the wrought iron, you have such great vision...i hope your summer has been a blast. mine has been great, and i am feeling very well...
    love and miss you,
    bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just perfect! Very smart idea. Aren't moms wonderful?

    Take care,

    Cindy
    Cynthiasvintageinva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea! And looks perfect in your living room, too!

    Danielle : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aimee, beautiful wrought iron and great way to use it! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features today at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House! Pop on in and grab a feature button for your blog. Here is the link to this week's party. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2013/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-60.html Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aimee ~~~

    Your blog is so cute and inspiring. I love your sweet verses too.

    Thanks for visiting my blog too, you made my day.

    Michele
    Pearl 13.1 ( already following you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making my day and leaving a comment! :o)