Friday, July 5, 2013

Gluten Free Banana Pancakes-Yum

Can you smell them?  Steaming hot off the griddle? So yummy...
Oh to wake up on a Saturday morning and enjoy fresh 
pancakes and a hot cup of coffee!
Unless, of course, you struggle with gluten...
Have no fear...the best darn GF pancakes are here! 
 I gleaned this from several different gluten free recipes. 
It's easy and you don't really need to follow exact measurements.  
It's an "eyeball recipe"...my favorite kind!




Here are the basics:
The main ingredients are mashed bananas and eggs.
 
Add a 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder so they rise.
 
Cinnamon if you choose...I also add ground Flax seed.
 
You can, but you don't have to at this point, add a GF flour product.  
I find my kids like them to look and feel like the "regular" pancakes...
so I use Almond flour or a GF all-purpose.
 
If it gets too thick...I thin with Almond milk...
 

Nice consistency...can you smell them yet?
 
Add walnuts and Agave syrup...oh and the most important ingredient of all...
BUTTER!!
 
Have a wonderful weekend!!
sharing at:



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you....they are surprisingly really tasty and the kids actually request these over the "regular" ones!

      Delete
  2. Wow, these look so yummy! Thanks for sharing this great recipe at TTF this week.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delish! I was just thinking today about trying gluten-free, so I will have to make these. So glad you found my blog. Looking forward to seeing what you will link up! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making my day and leaving a comment! :o)