Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Warrenton Fall Antique Show

Essentials for hard-core antiquing at the Warrenton Show:
1. Comfortable shoes-there is a lot of ground to cover!


2. a cart for lugging your finds.

3. an open mind--you never know what you'll find!

What a whirl-wind! If someone would have told me back in March while I was at Round-Top that in less than 6 months I would have my own booth at Warrenton for the Fall Antique Show I probably would have laughed!
But that is exactly what happened thanks to two lovely ladies
who invited me to be a part of their Fall Warrenton experience.
Here is what our booth looked like from the front.
 Here is my corner of the booth,  my store is called "The Find".

 I was so fortunate to pair up with two lovely local crafters who invited me to join them this year for the 10 day-long event held out in the country of Texas.
 Sylvie Andrews' Twisted Barrel Designs
and Linda's Luxy Lu's jewelry, bottles and holiday decor were fun to work with
and showed me the ropes at the event.
Warrenton is just a few miles away from Round Top 
which makes the whole 10 mile stretch of road 
a literal Fairground "mecca" for junkers, pickers, and antiquers alike.
The Junk Gypsies also throw a big party "Prom" event on the thursday night with bands, and food...every dresses up in old prom attire and it is an evening of fun.

  
While the weather started off hot, we were blessed with an early autumn cool front by the end of the show which made for many shoppers and lots of activity.  I sold a bunch of great items and I also found some great items to take home with me too which I will share in a later post.


If you weren't able to get out this past week--plan to come the first week in April, 2017 for the Spring show!  Here's a little of what you can expect to see there.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making my day and leaving a comment! :o)