Monday, October 14, 2013

Easy Chickenwire Messageboard



Want instant country charm?
Create a chickenwire memo board.
It's easy to create with a few supplies.


You need an old frame.  I got mine from a thriftstore for $2.
Some chicken wire--from a hardware supply store.  
Metal shears. (absolute must for cutting wire easily).
 
First-I painted the frame with Duck Egg 
from Annie Sloan and used the dark wax.
 Once that dried, I cut the chicken wire to fit the opening in the back
 
 I secured the chicken wire by using the existing staples 
that were in the frame to hold the glass in.
I just bent them down to hold the chicken wire.  
Nothing new required.
 Done! Super cute and handy with clothespins or magnets!

sharing with:
Inspired Sunday at Sunday View 
Tablescaper-(sunday)
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
The Scoop Party at Cedar Hill Ranch  
Before and After Party at Thrifty Decor Chic

.

8 comments:

  1. It came out really cute! I love the color! I also like the square chicken wire; I didn't see that kind.

    Awhile back, I made one too, and my daughter really enjoys it. Strong magnets will stick to it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way the square looks too! Wanted to be a little different! :o) aimee

      Delete
  2. Aimee - Cute idea with materials we probably already have as crafters. Thanks for sharing.

    I am your newest follower.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I have this project on my to do list! I always hunt for great frames at thrift stores.have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute project and excellent tutorial! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project and thanks for the wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making my day and leaving a comment! :o)