Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Stamped Burlap Banner-Tutorial

Everyone in "blog-land" seems to have one hanging from their mantle...
A cute burlap banner.
Not one to be left out--
here's how I made a quick one using stamps...

 The large letter stamps are from Stampin' Up!
{purchased a few years back}
I applied black acrylic paint to the stamp and pressed into the burlap.
 The burlap ribbon is from Micheals.
I cut lengths about 9.5 inches long for each letter, 
and pressed a 1/2 inch fold on the backside.
 Instead of a triangle shape, I cut mine to have two-tails.
 To do this, fold your rectangle in half 
and cut up from the bottom corner at an angle.
 Wrap pressed edge around twine/hemp and 
add a dot of hot glue in the corners to hold burlp in place.
 Or..secure with cute little mini clothespins!
 Display!
 Mine is on my old window over my shutter - buffet.
October-officially Fall.
More on my Fall displays later this week!

Featured at:
You're Invited to Party Here!
AND
sharing with:
Inspired Sunday at Sunday View 
Tablescaper-(sunday)
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
The Scoop Party at Cedar Hill Ranch  
Before and After Party at Thrifty Decor Chic

9 comments:

  1. Very cute! I have to get on the banner bandwagon! I see them everywhere and love them! Your is so simple and that is why I love it. Visiting from Seasonal Sundays and following you GFC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are darling ~ thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! My daughter has a banner with her name, though it is not made of burlap.

    Burlap is very autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty. I love the tiny clothes pins. I love all the empty frames.
    Have a blessed day.

    Rita
    www.ferrytaleshome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chic but simple and inexpensive. It don't get than that. Visiting from Inspired Sunday. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing how you made this banner at TTF! It is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! I'm finishing up my fall mantel this weekend, and I normally add a bunting but I'm thinking I'm just going to do a leaf garland instead this year. :-) Pinning this, and thanks so much for sharing it at my link party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another quick, wonderful project, Aimee! Love it!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, Aimee, and am featuring it as one of my top 3 favorites from Home{work} Wednesday! Pinning and fb sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making my day and leaving a comment! :o)