Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Numbered Placemat Project How-To

Typography is a trend that is not going away.
Basic objects become special when a number is affixed to them.
Here is a project that is as easy as 1-2-3....

{click over to my blog to "read on" about how to make these numbered placemats}

I started with simple Dollar Tree place mats.
{I love Dollar Tree for fun projects!}
I printed out individual numbers on my printer.
{I used "Modern No.20" font and varied my sizes}
Here's where a fancy die-cut machine would come in handy...
I did my stencils the old-fashioned way...with an xacto knife.
 
 I positioned my stencils off-center.
 Using this great solvent ink product, 
I sponged ink all over my stencil.
 
 
 The finished look is a great update to a table setting.
 Simple as...
 1-2-3...!

 
What have you numbered lately?
{This project was featured at the following amazing blogs.  Be sure to visit them:

It's Overflowing
The ScoopHome{work} Wednesday at The Everyday HomeOur Home Away From Home

sharing with:
Inspired Sunday at Sunday View 
Tablescaper
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Before and After Party at Thrifty Decor Chic
The Scoop Party at Cedar Hill Ranch  

28 comments:

  1. Very cute idea............and I love dollar tree too, never know what you will find.
    Amazing how just adding a number dresses those
    placemats up so much. Great job.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are these! Love that the sizes increase! Thanks so much for sharing at The Scoop!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. L O V E them . . . love anything with numbers . . . love that you used round placemats

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! I found you through the scoop... Must explore your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't tell you how much I love the place mats...I have this thing for decorating with numbers..always so chic, thanks for sharing your place mats...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...the numbers just seem to make things special! Thank you for your nice comment!

      Delete
  6. So super cute! What an inspiration for doing my own placemats for Tablescapes! Thank you for sharing this at the party this week! I'm featuring it on my Facebook page and have pinned it to the You're Gonna Love It Tuesday board on Pinterest too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea! Love how the placemats turned out! Thanks for sharing your idea and know how with us at TTF.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! Thank you for hosting the great linky at Thrifty Groove!

      Delete
  8. Those are adorable! I love typography and numbers, especially! I would do the same as you by making my own stencil. I mean, if I bought all the toys and gadgets out there to do creative things there would be no room in my already tiny studio! So why not do it the old-fashioned way! Love easy yet dramatic projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO CUTE! I LOVE it! You are amazing with an exact knife. I've not gotten the hang of it. Thank you for sharing with Inspired Sunday at Sunday View!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! I just use a sharp xacto blade, wear my reader spectacles, and have a cutting mat underneath...doesn't take too long to get a nice even cut. :o)

      Delete
  10. That is what I call cheap and cheerful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea!! Love it! Stopping by from Cozy Little House blog today. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are soooo cute and you chose the perfect font! Great idea. Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday, so nice having you!!!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute idea! I'd like to invite you to share it at my Twirl & Take a Bow party at www.houseontheway.com. Hope you can stop by!
    Leslie
    House on the Way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leslie! Will do! Thank you for checking out my post. Heading over to your blog now...-aimee

      Delete
  14. This is so cute! I’d love for you to join the Pinworthy Projects link party! http://www.atkinsondrive.com/pinworthy-projects-link-party-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam! I am going to go check it out now! Glad you stopped by!-aimee

      Delete
  15. what an awesome idea!! I too am a dollar tree addict! It's such a great resource for crafting and more!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making my day and leaving a comment! :o)