Wednesday, February 10, 2016

New Orleans Get-a-way! Part 1-Curb Appeal

Exhilaration....
When all your senses are on alert...and you are giddy with excitement...
When your creative adrenaline is on overdrive...
and your feet feel 2 feet off the ground....

If you are a creative-type...I know you know what I am describing.
It's awesome to feel this thrill..and that is exactly
how I felt during my recent visit to New Orleans.
I had not been to the city in more than 5 years
and looked forward to revisiting some of the tourist-y areas
and check out my favorite antique stores.
I will do a separate post on this antique store because it is so amazing.
For this post I want to just share our beautiful day
and how the colors of New Orleans just popped against the fresh blue sky.
Get ready for some door-to-door eye-candy.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Fabulous architecture, Aimee. That single story gray stone building with the dark chippy doors (you have two photos of it) looks so old world. Wow, I love that! Can't wait to see more of the antique shop. xo ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous architecture, Aimee. That single story gray stone building with the dark chippy doors (you have two photos of it) looks so old world. Wow, I love that! Can't wait to see more of the antique shop. xo ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! That building was so rusty ally elegant...I was dying to see what might've been inside! I'll post my antiquing photos soon!

      Delete
  3. Oh my, I have such a fetish for doors. I was oohing and ahhing at each and every photo! I have never been there, but on my 'to go' list. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! It is a fun place to tour--and the food! It really is amazing!

      Delete
  4. I wasn't blogging when I visited New Orleans. I imagine that my choice of photos would be quite different today than it was then. Like you, I would take photos of doors.

    Thanks for sharing all of your gorgeous photos at SYC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment! I love seeing the different details that just add so much character...each place is so unique and yet equally lovely!

      Delete

Thank you for making my day and leaving a comment! :o)